Northern Central Railroad
Later – Pennsylvania Railroad
This is one of many surviving old train stations found around Maryland. Both Stevenson and nearby Brooklandville Station are both standing and appear to be in excellent condition. Stevenson Depot is currently used as offices. It had been a Post Office for years after use as a train station .
Back in the day, the Station was located between Lystra Station to the East and Eccleston Station to the West, both those old stations long since gone. ( Information found in ” Green Spring Accommodation”, an excellent source by Martin K. Van Horn & Robert L. Williams )
1875 – Real Estate ad mentions a property for rent that includes the use of two cows, near the Station.
1876, part of the station was used as the Stevenson Post Office, as an article mentions the changing of Postmasters.
1891 – ad mentions horses near the Station available for sale.
1915 – A fire in the nearby woods burned, although it appears the station was not threatened by the fire.
1916 – suspects who attacked a policeman in Baltimore were captured and arrested near the Depot at Stevenson. The suspects appeared to have taken the officer’s pistol in the attack.
1917 – three hurt when a car lost a tire and overturned near the station.
1925 – Real Estate of sub-divided parcels 1/4 mile North of the Stevenson Depot for sale of an estate known as “Wilton Wood”.