New York, Philadelphia & Norfolk Railroad
Williams & Beechwood Streets
When we checked the history of the Princess Anne Station, a map of 1884 showed no station for the Town what so ever. By 1899, there was still no station, but the town had given the street leading up to the tracks the name ” Depot Street”.
By 1904, there were both a freight station and a passenger station, and by 1911, the area around the two stations was known as ” Depot Square”. In front of the station was a long wooden platform. The passenger station seems to have grown a bit by 1923, and during that same year, Depot Street changed it’s name to Beechwood Street, with the station being located where Williams Street intersects. In later years, the Pennsylvania Railroad served the town. The freight station was just to the north of the passenger station, and while the passenger station survives today, apparently being used by a business, the freight station appears to have been torn down.
We would love to hear from you : KilduffsTheatreIndex@gmail.com