Northern Central Depot , Baltimore County, Maryland
Small train depot found along the Northern Central Railroad, between Rogers Station to the East and Stevenson Station to the West. It would have been in the ” general area ” of Greenspring Avenue and Hillside Road ” of today’s current map, or Greenspring Avenue just North of the Beltway. Nothing of the station exists today.
In 1895 – an auction of a 117 acre farm called “Lystra” is mentioned in the paper, along the Greenspring branch of the Northern Central Railroad. The property was on both sides of the railroad. Mention is made of the water, which the ad calls “Lystra water”. Lystra Station was a 1/2 hour ride by rail from Baltimore and Calvert Station.