1518 West Baltimore Street
Baltimore City, Maryland ( West Baltimore )
One of West Baltimore’s best known and larger movie houses was the Capitol, on West Baltimore Street. Nearly impossible to spot today, the old theatre lobby has been converted into stores, and the theatre section has been converted into a warehouse at last check. The opening of the Capitol likely meant the demise of the nearby Westend Theatre, and operated from the 1920’s into the 1960’s.